These Apple Cider Doughnuts are baked then rolled in a cinnamon sugar coating that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee, hot tea or a tall glass of milk.
Easy Apple Cider Doughnuts Recipe
These doughnuts encompass everything you think about apple season and autumn flavors. To make Apple Cider Doughnuts begin by making the apple cider syrup. Place the cider and granulated sugar into a saucepan and let it simmer and reduce for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a bowl, use a whisk to sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl mix together cider syrup, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, buttermilk, butter, vanilla and egg. Add the wet to the dry ingredients mixing until fully moistened. Divide the batter evenly in the wells of a greased non stick doughnut pan then bake in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes. Let the doughnuts rest in the pan while you toss together the cinnamon and sugar for the coating. Brush each doughnut with melted butter then coat in cinnamon and sugar. Repeat until all of the doughnuts are coated. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
How to Make the Best Apple Cider Doughnuts Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Apple Cider Doughnuts: Apple cider, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, apple pie spice, large egg, vanilla extract, butter, buttermilk, granulated sugar and light brown sugar.
- For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating you’ll need: Melted butter, granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large bowl, a medium bowl, shallow bowl for dredging, measuring cups and spoons, whisk, non stick 6 or 12 count doughnut pans, a large Ziploc bag with the corner snipped or a pastry bag or Tablespoon to divide the batter and cooling rack.
- These doughnuts are baked not fried so you will need a doughnut pan to make them. Should you prefer, you could make them bite-size using a mini doughnut pan. When doing so you will roughly double the yield.
- You can use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed with 1/4 teaspoon allspice and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in place of the apple pie spice called for in the recipe.
- The apple cider syrup takes time to reduce. You should simmer it for 15-20 minutes or until you’re left with around 1/3 cup. It should be cooled completely prior to adding it to the wet ingredients for the batter.
- You can make the apple cider syrup one day in advance and chill for a time saver. Bring to room temperature prior to adding to the batter.
- For easy release from the pan, use a nonstick pan and spray with baking spray, cooking spray or brush with melted butter.
- Store Apple Cider Doughnuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
More Fall Dessert Recipes to Make
- Streusel topped Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling.
- Treat the family to Pumpkin Pie Crumble topped with vanilla ice cream.
- Mulled Cider is not only delicious to drink but it makes the house smell wonderful, too!
- Sweet Potato Pie with a toffee crunch topping that takes it over the top.
- Pull apart Dollywood’s Famous Cinnamon Bread is made for sharing.
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters are impossible to resist.
- Italian Fig Cookies from The Slow Roasted Italian.