These easy Baked Chicken Thighs are seasoned with a flavorful dry rub and baked in the oven until they’re juicy and tender. They’re easy enough to make for a family weeknight supper yet impressive enough for entertaining. Bonus Air Fryer instructions included!
Easy Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Juicy baked chicken is a budget friendly option for busy families. How do you make juicy chicken thighs? Begin with bone-in skin on trimmed chicken thighs. Rub the chicken pieces on all sides including under the skin with olive oil. Next, mix together salt, lemon pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika and dry Italian seasoning then rub it all over the chicken thighs. Gently pull back the skin and season directly on the chicken thigh, too. Place them onto an oiled oven safe rack fitted into a rimmed sheet pan then bake in a 425°F oven for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest piece registers 165°F. Let rest on the pan for 5 minutes then enjoy!
How to Make the BEST Baked Chicken Breasts
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Baked Chicken Breasts: Bone-in skin on chicken thighs, olive oil, dry Italian seasoning, salt, lemon pepper or black pepper, smoked paprika, granulated garlic and onion powder. You’ll also need chopped parsley for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: One rimmed baking sheet fitted with an oven safe wire rack or a broiler pan, meat thermometer and measuring spoons.
- The addition of lemon pepper to the rub gives it a slight and delicious citrus flavor. You can use black pepper in place of lemon pepper, if that’s your preference.
- When checking the temperature of the chicken thighs for doneness insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion without touching bone. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F or continue to bake until the juices run clear.
- While baking, should you note the skin folding back, use a toothpick soaked in water to secure the skin. Insert it through the skin and into the chicken thigh pinning it flat for even cooking.
- You can also make these chicken thighs in an air fryer. See the next section and the Cook’s note of the recipe card for the instructions.
- Store Baked Chicken Thighs in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy cold or reheat at 350°F in an air fryer for 5-7 minutes until heated through or gently in the microwave in single servings.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Follow the recipe instructions for coating the chicken thighs with olive oil and seasonings.
- Arrange chicken in an air fryer basket sprayed with cooking spray skin side down.
- Cook at 400°F for 12 minutes per side stopping to flip halfway through.
- Cook chicken thighs until juices run clear and an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer cooking in batches, as needed.
- Keep chicken thighs warm on a sheet pan in a preheated 200°F oven between batches.
More Easy Chicken Recipes to Make
- Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts can be served on hamburger buns, on salads or as an entree.
- Everything Bagel Chicken Breasts are
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs can be made on a grill pan or on a gas grill.
- Have Sunday supper any day of the week with this Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken.
- Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Chicken Breasts only require 4 ingredients to make.
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are marinated in yogurt making them tender and delicious.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks from Wonky Wonderful.