These Pretzel Mummy Cookies are perfectly spooky for Halloween. Chewy cookies topped with mini pretzels dressed up like mummies!
Halloween Mummy Cookies
There’s nothing more fun than a jazzed up chocolate chip cookie! Make it the most festive for Halloween in an easy and cute way with little white chocolate pretzel mummies! I used a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe with some Halloween colored chips and topped it off with an adorable white chocolate covered pretzel easily decorated like a mummy. I am going to show you all the easy steps on how to make these super cute halloween cookies!
What You Will Need
These cookies are super easy to make and the pretzels can be made in advance, so you can have that part done, saving time! You can honestly use any cookie recipe and add the pretzels on top, or even add the pretzels to a snack mix to make it perfect for Halloween! You can find a helpful video of the process here!
These cute pretzels are what really make these cookies special. They’re really easy to make too!
Simply grab a b ag of waffle-style pretzels. Sometimes they are called “Snaps”. Melt white chocolate chips, or preferably white candy disks (which are made for melting) and dip each pretzel into the melted chocolate with a fork. Tap off the excess and then place on a sheet of wax paper, or parchment paper.
Place 2 candy eyes onto the pretzel while they are still wet. You can buy candy eyes online, or find them at your local craft store. If you don’t want to use candy eyes you can also use mini M&M’s!
When you have the eyes in place put the extra melted white chocolate into a zip-top bag and snip off a small corner. Squeeze the chocolate in stripes onto the pretzels like mummy bandages. Allow them to set and set them aside, or package them in an airtight container until you’re ready to use them!
Bake Your Cookies
- Sugar. You will need both light brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate chips. I used a combo of orange colored and semi-sweet chips that I found at the store, but you can simply use all chocolate chips if you can’t find the orange chips!
Assemble Mummy Cookies
Once you have your cookies baked, as soon as they come out of the oven and are still warm place a mummy gently on top and press into the cookie gently. The warmth of the cookie will melt the white chocolate and adhere the pretzel to the cookie.
Allow them to cool completely and enjoy!
How To Store Mummy Cookies
Store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature for best freshness. You can also freeze these in an airtight container or zip-top bag for up to 2 months. Allow the cookies to thaw at room temperature.
Here Are More Halloween Treats You Might Like
- Skeleton Halloween Cupcakes
- Ghost Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Sprinkle Halloween Cookies
- Bag of Bones Halloween Snack Mix
clock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
★ 5 Stars ☆ ★ 4 Stars ☆ ★ 3 Stars ☆ ★ 2 Stars ☆ ★ 1 Star ☆ No reviews
- Author: Shelly
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dessert
These Paranormal Pretzel Mummy Cookies are perfectly spooky for Halloween. Chewy cookies topped with mini pretzels dressed up like mummies!
- 24 square pretzels, often called “Snaps”
- 8 ounces white chocolate or white candy disks, melted
- 48 candy eyes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or Halloween colored chips)
Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark
- To make Mummy Pretzels: Line a baking sheet with parchment, or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 20 second increments. stirring in between each, until melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each pretzel into white chocolate, tap of excess and place on lined baking sheet or cooling rack. Reserve extra white chocolate for later.
- Immediately place candy eyes onto white chocolate.
- Place baking sheet in refrigerator for 15 minutes to set white chocolate.
- When white chocolate is set, remove pan from refrigerator. Reheat white chocolate in the microwave in 15-second increments until smooth. Place remaining melted white chocolate in a zip top bag, snip off a small corner of the bag, and drizzle stripes across each pretzel like mummy bandages. Place them back in refrigerator to set up.
- To make Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together butter and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in vanilla, egg, yolk, salt, and baking soda, mixing for another minute until smooth and scraping sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium (2-tablespoon sized) cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack. Immediately, while the cookies are still warm press a decorated pretzel into center of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and pretzel to set up.
Store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days for best freshness.
Keywords: halloween cookies, halloween pretzels, mummy pretzels, white chocolate pretzels, chocolate chip cookies
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @cookiesandcups on Instagram and hashtag it #cookiesandcups
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: